Houston, United States
While Houston is most notably known for its traditional cowboy culture, it is actually one of the most culturally diverse cities in the United States. Within Houston’s Museum District you will encounter more than 20 museums, cultural centers, and galleries.
There is plenty to do when visiting Houston; from entertainment, to waterfront restaurants, to amusement parks. The whole family will enjoy a trip to Houston, Texas.
Houston is home to 78 cultural sites and museums, as well as 128 performing arts companies. You will find all the major performing arts like opera, symphonies, drama, and ballet.
The Top Things to Do While in Houston:
- Johnson Space Center (Space Center Houston)
- Houston Zoo
- Downtown Aquarium
- Discovery Green (Park)
- Hines Waterfall Park
- Minute Maid Park (Sports)
- Fast Track Amusements
- Cockrell Butterfly Center
- Buffalo Bayou
- Art Car Museum
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Holocaust Museum
- The Meril Collection (Art)
- Children’s Museum of Houston
- The Health Museum
- Hobby Center for Performing Arts
- Miller Outdoor Theatre
- Texas Rock Gym (Rock climbing)
- Battlefield Houston (Laser Tag)
- Top Golf
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving
- Saint Arnold Brewing Company
Shopping in Houston
You can enjoy endless shopping at Houston’s Premium Outlets. Enjoy major brands and affordable prices that won’t break the bank. The Galleria, Houston’s favorite shopping center offers more than 375 shops, 30 restaurants, 2 hotels, and an ice rink.
The Best Restaurants in Houston:
While Houston and Texas are known for their grills and barbecue’s, you will find a treat from every corner of the world here. Here’s our top picks for every palette.
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse
- Killen’s Barbecue (smoke burgers & steak)
- Corkscrew Barbecue
- Night Heron (Bar/ Restaurant)
- Doris Metropolitan (Israeli Steakhouse)
- Cureight by Hubbell & Hudson
- Coltivare (Italian)
- Helen Greek Good and Wine (Classy Mediterranean)
- Ohn Korean Eatery
- Theodore Rex
Music and Festivals in Houston:
There is always a party and something happening in Houston. Check out these popular festivals the next time you visit Houston, Texas:
- Day For Night
- Bad Ass Weekend
- Yes, Indeed!
- Trae Day
- Houston Whatever Fest
- Buzz Fest
- Free Press Summer Fest
- Something Wicked
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
Make Houston your next travel experience as it will be sure not to disappoint. With its mix of country and culture your next adventure is always just around the next corner.